Here I shall compile a list of useful Resources for both Family and Solo Gaming.
General RPG Resources
- Sharp Swords & Sinister Spells Character Sheet Variant — PDF of the sheet created by Mike Janvrin at the game’s Community.
- Sharp Swords & Sinister Spells Alphabetical Spell List — PDF to tbis and supplements for many other games.
- Hero Kids Compatible Game Master Screen — Created by me. Summarizes all of the Hero Kids rules into a single reference sheet.
- Hero Kids Compatible Monster Generator — Generate random encounters based on the number in your party, geography, and difficulty level. Adapted to Google Sheets by me. Original by Josiah Fiscus (via Adam Bragg’s Spiralbound Studios — definitely check out Adam’s example usage where he generates an entire adventure plot!). Grab Josiah’s Excel file here, or Josiah’s PDF here if you prefer to roll the dice yourself.
- Lone Wolf Roleplaying Community is the main social forum for solo role-players.
- Getting Started with Solo Role-Playing and Solo Role-Playing Resources — Sophia at DieHeart.net has the best list of resources I’ve seen so far. What lies beneath may be redundant with her list.
- My First Zombie Play – an excellent, entertaining example of using a soloing engine, random generators, when and how to ask questions, and how to respond to the answers. At RPGSolo.com forums.
- Tabletop Diversions: Solo Roleplaying Series: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, “Bonus”, 6, 7 — John Yorio gives a great example of simple d6 solo play.
- Tiny Solitary Soldiers: Solo RPG?! The d6 soloing engine most often referred to for beginners.
- Cabbage Games / SoloRoleplayer.com: The website seems to be gone, but the guy put most of his content up for free on DriveThruRPG. It’s a bit of redundant information between the guides, but definitely worth a read if you have the time.
- The Wheel of Fate: a Mythic Fate Chart Alternative — a volvelle alternative to the Mythic Game Master Emulator‘s Fate Chart (created by me!)